ABOUT TIRUMALA TIRUPATHI TEMPLE:The ancient and sacred temple of Sri Venkateswara Swami which is also known as Tirumala Tirupathi Temple is a landmark Vaishnavite temple situated in the hill town on the seventh peak, Venkatachala( Venkata hill) of Tirupathi hill in Chittoor district of Andhra Pradesh, India. The main temple is spread over 16.2 acres of land. It is the world’s richest and famous temple for the donations which were given by lord’s devotees. The temple is situated at an elevation of 853 meters on Tirumala Hills of Seshachalam Hill ranges. It is believed to be as old as 300 BC. Tirumala is the part of Seshachalam hills range compromises with seven peaks showing the seven heads of Adisesha.the seven heads are namely Seshadri, Neeladri, Garudadri, Anjandri, Vrushabadri, Narayandri & Venkatadhri.
Tirumala Tirupathi (TTD) History:
Tirumala Tirupathi temple lies on the seventh peak called Venkatadhri. Hence the temple is also referred to as “Temple of Seven Hills”.It is a sacred place which houses the inspiring idol of lord Venkateshwara. The Sastras, Puranas, Sthala Mahatyams and Alwar hymns unequivocally declare that, in the Kali Yuga, one can attain Mukti, only by worshipping Venkata Nyaka or Sri Venkateshwara. Tirumala Tirupathi temple has the rights of Vaishnavism with equal rules and prohibition of animal sacrifice.”Venkateshwara”- the name itself represents the two traditions as Venkat(Vaishnavite) and Eswar(Sivite). It is a major pilgrimage and cultural city in Rayalaseema and all over India. Lord Venkateshwara, also known as Balaji, Srinivasa and Venkatachalapathi is the god worshiped here. But before him, it was lord Varahaswami who had made Tirumala his abode.
HISTORY OF TIRUMALA TIRUPATHI TEMPLE:
According to Varaha Purana, throughout Treta Yuga, it’s accustomed be said that Lord Shri Rama resided Tirupathi together with his spouse Sita Devi and brother Lakshmana throughout their come back from Lankapuri when defeating Ravana. the initial temple at Tirumala Tirupathi was engineered by king Thondiaman who was an ancient ruler of Thondaimandalam once he had dreamed of lord Vishnu. History accustomed say that he was the one who designed the first gopuram of the temple and also the Prakhana within the eighth century. Thereafter, the temple was endowed by the many kingdoms of assorted dynasties of the South Asian country for whom the Sri Venkateshwara was a vital spiritual destination. And these dynasties embody the Pallavas of Kancheepuram (9th century), Cholas of Thanjavur (10th century), Pandyas of Madurai and also the numerous kings and dynasties.The temple city for most of the medieval era a part of Vijayanagara Empire until the seventeenth century and its rulers contributed significant resources like gold, jewels, and wealth notable by Shri Krishna Deva Raya and Tirumala Deva Raya.After the decline of the Vijayanagara family line, nobles, and chieftains from all elements of the country to pay their respect and provide gifts to the temple. The Maratha general, Rahoji Bhonsle, visited the temple and set up a permanent endowment for the conduct of worship in the temple. He also presented valuable jewels to the lord, including a large emerald which is still preserved in a box named after the general. And most of the rulers who have endowed a lot of resources are from Mysore and Gadwal. Following the fall of Hindu kingdom, the Muslim rulers of Karnataka and thereafter Britishers took over the rights of the temple. In 1843 A.D., the East India Company divested itself of the direct management of non-Christian places of worship and native religious institutions. The administration of the shrine of Sri Venkateshwara and a number of estates were then entrusted to Sri Seva Dossji of the Hatiramji Mutt at Tirumala, and the temple remained under the administration of Mahants for nearly a century, till 1933 A.D.Till 1933 the administration of the temple had been wielded by the head of the monastery, Hathiram Mahantha. then once 1933, madras government took the administration rights of the temple and shaped a non-profit organization and named it as Tirumala Tirupathi Devasthanam foundation..In 1951 another Hindu religions and endowment act was created that felicitated the appointment of an executive officer and board of trustees to run the organization.
Now T.T.D. organization maintains twelve temples beneath its administration. government|the chief|the manager} Officer is that the chief executive of TTD.In this organization, he’s motor-assisted by 2 joint govt officers, chief vigilance officer, forest conservator, financial consultant and chief account officers and additionally a chief engineer.and there are some officers who take care of the administration. And it employs regarding 14000 workers and provides incentives and bonus for his or her work. It additionally takes care of the residential area of Tirupathi & its localities provides development schemes, education for underprivileged, park sanctuaries, the shelter for devotees and additional. Tirupathi is assessed as upper Tirupathi & lower Tirupathi wherever higher Tirupathi is understood as Tirumala and lower Tirupathi as formally Tirupathi. and a few devotees choose to walk to higher to Tirupathi by climb steps that are of 2400 steps that are referred to as Sri Vari Mettu that is regarding fifteen kilometers(9.3 mi) from lower Tirupathi, that shorter than Alipiri Metlu path that is of 3550 steps. because it may be a long distance the T.T.D. provides them shelter to rest and water to urge energy & hydrous while mounting the steps.Upper Tirupathi was a longtime center of Vaishnavism around the fifth century A.D. throughout that it absolutely was praised by Alvars. Temple was engineered and upgraded in numerous kingdoms. and therefore the temple has inscriptions of Sanskritic language, Tamil, Telugu and South Dravidian languages that show the contributions of the Pallava kingdom around ninth century A.D. and also the Vijayanagara Empire within the fourteenth century A.D. there was no human settlement at lower Tirupathi till the year 1500. inside the expansion of higher Tirupathi, a village was shaped at Kapilatheertham road space and was “Kotturu”. Later that village grew into a decent and habitual space because it is around Govindaraja swami Temple that became the center of the Tirupathi and has become a holidaymaker place for several devotees.